Yes, we have started a blog here on “The Downhill Bike Ride” and would like to update you in future frequently on interesting facts about the beautiful Costa Blanca.
But, before we start with this new part of our webpage here the most important facts about the new webpage and how COVID-19 affects our business at the end of 2020.
Our webpage “thedownhillbikeride.co.uk”:
- New domain “thedownhillbikeride.co.uk” as our old one “thedownhillbikeride.com” got hacked and all data disappeared at the beginning of the year. But no worries, the old domain is still active and you still can contact us via the known e-mail address.
- New booking tool – Please, be patient with us. We programmed it ourselves to save on booking fees and hope it makes it easy for you to use. You can book directly on each excursion page or select the tour you like to book through our “Tours” page.
- Three payment methods – You can pay with “Paypal“, by credit / debit card through our payment provider “Stripe” or “Cash on the Day”. If you would like to pay “cash on the day”, please, be advised that we will charge a 25 % deposit to guarantee your reservation. This deposit is fully refundable in terms of a cancellation based on our “Terms & Conditions“
- Direct Chat via Facebook messenger. You don’t need to have a Facebook account to talk with us. Just log-in as a guest.
- Translate Function – You can translate our page via the “Google Translate” function in any common language. However, we will continue to work on the translation of our webpage in the upcoming months to provide a great user experience for you.
COVID-19 and “Bike Breaks SL”:
Yes, we as well have to comply with current government guidelines. Here are our measure for a safe experience on our excursions:
- Face Masks & Social Distancing: At the moment face masks have to be worn during all transports, in the toilet, restaurant and during the safety briefing prior to the ride. You can cycle and walk without a face mask within your party. However, please, maintain social distancing with other participants of the chosen excursion at all times.
- Hand Sanitizers: We provide hand sanitizers on our vans. On guided walks the guide will carry a hand sanitizer at all times for the use of the group.
- Desinfection of Equipment: Our vans get disinfected after every single use. Bicycles, helmets and walking poles get disinfected and quarantined for 72 hours after each bike ride or guided walk.
- Clothing: Please, understand that due to the current situation we are not able to provide gloves, beanies or extra layers this winter. Please, dress accordingly to the season. We highly recommend to bring at least a jumper / jacket and wear closed shoes during October till April.
- Limited capacity: Due to the current restrictions applied here in the Valencian Community we are only allowed to carry 6 people per minivan incl. driver. Therefore, we have to reduce our maximum capacity to 10 people. However, we will as well accept group bookings for up to 10 people. Please, be advised that you have to maintain social distancing and in groups of maximal 6 people during the whole excursion.
- Availability: Upon further notice we currently operate our excursions on the following days:
THE DOWNHILL BIKE RIDE Every Friday & On Request EASY WALKS Every Tuesday MODERATE WALKS Every Thursday STRENUOUS WALKS Every Saturday